Last Modified: May 11, 2023
This policy describes the types of information National Thoroughbred League, LLC (together with its affiliated entities and teams, “NTL,” “we,” or “us”) may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites and mobile applications (our “Sites”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Sites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Sites, including those which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Sites.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party sites, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through our Sites.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Sites are not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on our Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Sites or through any of their features, register on our Sites, make any purchases through our Sites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Sites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from anyone under 18 years of age without verification of consent of a legally authorized adult, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child that was obtained or provided without the explicit consent of a legally authorized adult, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address or zip code, email address, screen name, user name, telephone number, or other identifiers by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your referral source or how you were made aware of us and our Sites; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Sites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through our Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our referral sources.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information from you when you provide it to us on or through our Sites. Such information may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites (including the code or name attached to the organization referring you to us), subscribing to our services and content, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report problems with our Sites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Sites (including your subscription) and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before beginning any such transactions through our Sites.
- Your search queries on our Sites.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of our Sites, or transmitted to other users of our Sites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of our Sites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions, and no security functions are perfect or impenetrable. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. For all User Contributions, you grant us and our affiliates a worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license to host, store, cache, use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, publish and distribute such User Contributions. This license also includes a right for us to make these User Contributions available to, and pass these User Contributions along to, other parties. If you delete your User Contributions from our Sites, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site users.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Sites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Sites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Sites and emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the NTL, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
How Do We Store Your Information
We may store your information on our NTL servers and/or on third-party servers or with cloud storage providers.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Sites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including subscription expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Sites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or/adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users of our Sites is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the NTL, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, then uncheck the opt-in button when creating an account for our Sites. You can also always later opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the NTL. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the NTL to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, then uncheck the opt-in button when creating an account for our Sites. You can always later opt-out by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the NTL as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into our Sites and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. In some instances we may not be able to delete your personal information unless we also delete your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from our Sites, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of our Sites.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential, and we ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Sites like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Sites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We store your information at our third-party hosting service and will keep your user name, first and last name, email address and screen name. If we determine that your stored information is no longer needed, we will security delete your data.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our Sites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Sites.
Your Information Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your information protection rights. Every user of our Sites is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal information. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the information that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You of course retain all rights to file complaints with the appropriate supervising authorities in the event we have breached this policy or applicable law.